Monday, June 7, 2010

So....

When you have kids in Jr. High you're not able to go into their class rooms and help with parties or homework any longer. And I was kinda feeling bad that I hadn't spent too much time with Deidra at her school (except for the 3 time's I was able to go in and help out at their "store", just a little room where the kids can buy candy and drinks if they want).
So I thought to myself how can I be with her and her friends, even just for a little while. Well that is when I came up with the idea of taking her and her friends pizza for lunch 2 days before school got out. It was so much fun (except for the 2 random girls that showed up to eat when they don't even hang out with Deidra and her friends..yeah weird)

Look how cute these girls are. We are so proud of Deidra for choosing such great friends. Deidra also has some cute "boy" friends that I had to get their photo too. It's not all of them but a few, and they are so good to Deidra. How funny is this, I told the boys I wanted to take their picture and......a few other boys heard this and knew who I was there with, so they all wanted to jump into the picture.
I think this may have to be a tradition for the kids while in Jr. High. Next time I'll take a few more pizza's!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

What a cute mom you are. I love that random girls ate your pizza. Funny. I may have to start that tradition myself.

Brenda said...

That's a super idea! And, I agree, they're such a cute group of girls!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

See, now THAT is a great idea!! Why couldn't Rebekah's YW leaders just take lunch to the girls instead of insisting on checking them out of school to take them elsewhere??