Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

I can't believe it has been 8 years. I remember exactly what I was doing that morning and being glued to the TV in disbelief that this could be happening. I remember crying and my heart breaking for everyone involved. What a tragic day.
This image is unbelievable. It still brings tears to my eyes trying to understand what all those people were thinking.This is a great photo, these men were determined to let the rest of the country know that we will make it through this, it truly is an incredible site.Look at the love and devastation on the faces of these men. How heart renching it must have been to attend the funeral of so many of your co-workers.

There was a bill board on the freeway not far from my house that made me tear up every time I passed it. It was a photo of a fireman and the quote said "They rushed out, he rushed in". There were many hero's made that day, many lost loved ones and friends. I will never forget that day and I hope no one else does either.
I was going to post a video but I have no idea how. But if you go to "you tube" and do a search of "finding hope" it is the one at the top, it is about an LDS man who was in one of the towers that day, he said he used to work hard to provide for his family, he would work long hours and miss alot of things that would go on in the kids lives, after 9/11, he said he works hard on his family, meaning he quit his job and got another closer to his home, and spends as much time with them as he can. If you get a chance you should go view it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a tragic day. Thanks for sharing!!